For a small town, there is a lot happening in Harmony! Check out our list of major annual events. In addition, many of the individual businesses have unique and exciting things going on too, so check the links below.
Small Venue Concerts and CD Release Parties. Art Shows, Openings and Exhibits. Art and Writing Classes for All Ages. Fundraisers.
Historic Opera Hall available for weddings, parties and rentals. Concerts, Wellness Seminars, Yoga. Festivals and Fairs. Home to Wunderbar Coffee & Crepes, Penn Pantry, Darn Yarn Needles & Thread, and more.
Fairs and Festivals. Quilt Shows. Gun Shows. German Dinners. Guided Tours of Harmony.
New Years Silvester Celebration
Harmony celebrates New Year’s Eve on Dec. 31st 2017 with a family-oriented “Silvester” celebration reflecting the community’s German roots. The day begins with races drawing hundreds of runners and concludes with fireworks welcoming the New Year at 6 pm, which is midnight in Germany. Many town shops and businesses are open for your enjoyment.
- Harmony Museum Tours
- Christmas Tree Throwing Contest
- The short comedy film “Dinner for One,” in English, popular on New Year’s Eve in Germany
- Bleigiessen, the German tradition of examining the shape of a bit of melted lead dropped into water to interpret what the New Year may hold. 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- A pork and sauerkraut dinner – Cost is $12, starts at 3:30 PM Harmony Museum’s Stewart Hall (no reservations)
- 5-K Run/Walk and 1-Mile Fun Run
- Beverages and snacks
- Year-end surprises at specialty shops throughout town
- A ball drop to signal the arrival of 2017 at midnight in Germany (6 p.m. In Harmony), followed by a spectacular fireworks show.